By Janet Stewart, Program Manager – Wood’s Homes
As the Canadian leader in single session and walk-in therapy service delivery, Wood’s Homes is proud to host the Capturing the Moment 2: Reaching New Heights in Single Session Therapy and Walk-In Services international symposium in Banff, Alberta this year.
Research has shown that single session and walk-in therapy are successful, efficient and cost-effective methods of delivering mental health services.
They remove many barriers to mental health professionals and allow the clients to access the services at moments of high motivation, often replacing the need to access mental health services at hospitals and emergency rooms.
We are currently accepting abstracts for consideration by the Organizing Committee of Capturing the Moment 2: Reaching New Heights in Single Session Therapy and Walk-In Services, 2nd international symposium, hosted at the Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel and Conference Centre in Banff, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 29 and 30, 2015
Areas of interest for this symposium include:
- Service delivery and Service development
- Training and supervision of single session therapists
- Mental health of children, youth and families
- Evaluation and outcome research
- Single sessions in the emerging field of E therapy
- Clinical practice ideas
- Walk-in services
- Single Sessions by appointment
- Walk-in and Single Session client forms and Psychiatric Consultation to Walk-in Services
For more information click here.
Abstract Submissions Deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Registration for the symposium will begin in March 2015 (Specific date TBD)