By Sylvia MacIver – Communications Manager, Wood’s Homes
Magic. It comes in all shapes and sizes but on May 2 it came in the shape of beans.
Magic beans, that is.
Wood’s Homes held its 11th Annual Children’s Benefit Dinner in Lethbridge this night and the beans only added to the magic of an event that embraces the power of community support.
Close to 1,000 young people have been helped at the Emergency Youth Shelter in Lethbridge since it opened its doors in 2003.
Here are 10 things you should know about this amazing event:
- Sponsors make it happen. We thank Clear Sky Radio, “I Do” Weddings by Design, Lethbridge Lodge, Backstreet Pub and Pizza, Kinsmen Club of Lethbridge, The Wine Cavern, Infinity Property Care, Dominion Lending and Woodman White Olsen & Co. LLP.
- We have a loyal following: Hundreds of guests return year after year!
- Our Live and Silent Auction donors come up with amazing prizes – never fail, every time!
- Drama students from Chinook High School in Lethbridge come in costume and stay in character all night. This year we met Jack, his mother, the Giant, the peasants … all of whom offered us magic beans!
- It takes a large committee to pull this off. We have several volunteers who we can’t thank enough.
- Our new chairs – David and Elaine Agema – helped make this year the success it was!
- The décor for the evening is being donated back to the community. Thanks to “I Do Weddings by Design”. Jack and his beanstalk now live at a local greenhouse. The beans inside the table vases went to the local soup kitchen!
- The Lethbridge Lodge makes Wood’s Homes feel right at home. Thanks to all them and their amazing chefs!
- Charities need PR to raise awareness of their fundraisers – thanks to Clear Sky Radio for their sponsorship.
- Woodman White – generous, loyal, respected and much appreciated supporters!
Click Here for more information about the Wood’s Homes Lethbridge Emergency Youth Centre.
Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your friends, family and community – let’s work together!
If you are experiencing a crisis and need to speak to someone, please call our counsellors at our 24/7 Crisis Counselling Line: 403-299-9699 or toll-free: 1-800-563-6106.
Wood’s Homes is a nationally accredited mental health centre – proudly helping communities for over 100 years. Learn more at woodshomes.ca.